A little work in progress pic to keep me on track. Of course the lighting i used sucked and the colors look off but you get the picture.
I've mostly been playing with her skin tones and trying to get them to look right. I've found that what i paint sometimes looks horrible in pictures compared to some of the master painters. So i'm trying to figure out what the difference is. I think i'm painting too subtle for the details to really show. Now i need to figure out how to make the shading and highlights pop with out her looking like a clown.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
This is by far the most ambitious base I've attempted to make and I have to say that by the end I was very overwhelmed and just threw in the towel. I really had grand plans to do some crazy source lighting and well that didn't happen. I think I honestly made the base too large and that effects wouldn't have worked properly. I haven't sealed her yet so I can still go through and do some touch ups which i'm sure it will need after seeing these pictures. But i'm going to leave her in the display case for a bit first.
The base is made from one of those cheep miniature books you can buy at the book shop as well as a few sheets of styrene for the back pages as the real pages i cut out due to them looking like crap after I applied glue to them and couldn't get them in the position I wanted. The bookcase is made from balsa wood, books are card stock and styrene, scroll cases are aluminium tubes, and the scroll is paper.
As for the preacher I had a heck of a time getting the pinks right on her clothes she actually got a simple green bath after a few hours of noodling with paint and being very unhappy with it. I let her sit for a month before I even looked at her again I figured out what problem i was having with the pinks and it worked it self out after a couple hours of painting. once that was done the rest was cake.
She originally had another piece of loin cloth in the front and a warhammer but my smart self cleaned off my work bench and accidentally threw them away with a bunch of styrene bits.... ooops. Go Me!
Anyways I hope you enjoy!
Also extra points to those who can figure out who or what she is summoning.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Ok ok so I was looking over my army the other day and had a great idea of repainting my female commissar or possibly getting a new one and painting her up in the same paint scheme. As I could totally rock it now verses 10 years ago.
I went onto ebay to see what she was going for only to find out people are charing $50 freaking dollars for her. I bought mine in my shop for like $8 -$9 back in the day..
*bangs head on desk*
I remember her being a blast to paint so i'm totally disappointed to see the price hike. Maybe I'll get a PP Sorscha and paint her instead.
And don't get me started on Bertha from Mordheim....
Posted by Sister Lucy at 1:18 PM